Learn how to easily edit an Adobe PDF file using Microsoft Word. Open the PDF, make edits, and then save as a PDF again. We use Microsoft Word that comes with Office 365 to do the conversion. The conversion maintains all images, tables, and text. The new Word file is editable. At the end, I save the file again as a PDF.
- Open the PDF document you want to convert to a Word document in Windows File Explorer.
- Open Word. Open the Home screen in Word.
- Drag and drop the PDF document into Word on the Home tab.A dialog pops up that says “Word will now convert your PDF to an editable Word document…”
- Click OK to the dialog to convert the PDF into a Word document that you can edit.
- All the text and images are editable in Word. You can make any changes you want to the PDF document in Word.
- Save the document by clicking the Home button, selecting Save As and saving the document as a PDF.