Learn how to publish your own video using Microsoft PowerPoint with narration, annotations, animations, and timings. I will walk you through how to record a slide show, how to annotate slides, how to add your web cam, and how to publish your video to YouTube. I use PowerPoint that comes with Office 365; however, this should also work with all previous versions of PowerPoint, like PowerPoint 2019, PowerPoint 2016, PowerPoint 2013, PowerPoint 2010, PowerPoint 2007, and PowerPoint 2003.
Steps how to make video in PowerPoint
- Open your PowerPoint presentation that you want to make into a video.
- Navigate to the “Slide Show” tab.
- Select “Record Slide Show”
- There are options to record your slide show
- The red circle Record button will start recording
- The square Stop button will stop the recording
- The triangle Replay button allows you to hear how it sounds
- The Settings gear button in the upper right hand corner allows you to set your video and audio settings
- You can see your video in the lower right hand corner if you enable your web cam
- There is a pen highlighter that allows you to highlight things on the slide as you are going through the presentation and will show up as animations in the video.
- Click the red circle “Record” button to start recording.
- You can provide the audio voiceover and then click through the slides to navigate through the slides or animations.
- Click the square Stop button to stop recording when you are done recording.
- Click the Close X button in the upper right hand corner to close the Record Slide Show view and return to the PowerPoint.
- You can see the video in the lower right hand corner of each slide that can be viewed by others reviewing the deck to see your voiceover for each slide.
- Publish the video by clicking the Office button
- Navigate to the Export menu
- Click “Create a Video”
- Click “Create Video”
- Choose a location to save the video with the File Explorer.
- Click Save
- Wait for the video to render.
- Navigate to the video file that you saved in File Explorer.
- Play the video!
Steps how to upload Video to YouTube
- Navigate to YouTube.com