Learn about the five best free photo editing software that you can install on your PC. We start with an app that comes for free with Windows, the Photos app. As long as you already have Windows, there’s no need to install any additional software. The Photos app offers all the most common editing functionality, like adjusting exposure, sharpness, and removing redeye. Next, we look at one of the most popular photo editing apps called IrfanView. This app allows you to rotate, flip, add text, add effects, and more to your pictures. You can even configure slideshows and bulk convert your photos to another file format. Next up, we look at Adobe Photoshop Express. Similar to the Windows Photos app, you can make all of the most common edits to your photographs. The last three apps we look at, including darktable, Raw Therapee, and Gimp, offer the most control to edit every aspect of your photos. You can make changes to raw images and then apply those edits to all your other photos. Edits are non-destructive, meaning you can undo the various changes you make to get the photo to look just how you want it.
- Additional resources
- Microsoft Photos: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mic…
- IrfanView Graphic Viewer: https://www.irfanview.com/
- Adobe Photoshop Express: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ado… – darktable: https://www.darktable.org/
- Raw Therapee: http://rawtherapee.com/
- Gimp: https://www.gimp.org/