OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a free, open-source software for video recording and live streaming. In this step-by-step tutorial you will learn how to record your computer screen for free.
Steps to Install OBS
- Navigate to obsproject.com.
- Download OBS using the platform your computer is running on (Windows, macOS or Linux).
- This kicks off the download of OBS Studio.
- Once it downloads, click on the download link to install the software.
- Click through the OBS Studio Setup dialog by clicking Next buttons then click Install
Steps to use OBS to record computer screen
- Launch OBS Studio
- Setup a Scene
- Click the “Display Capture”