In this step-by-step tutorial, learn how to download and install the Official Microsoft Windows 11 ISOs. With an ISO, you can easily get Windows 11 on any PC. ISOs make it easy to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. First, we look at whether your PC is compatible with Windows 11. Then we join the Windows Insider program, which gives you access to the official ISO downloads. The Windows Insider program is free to join. Once we download, I walk through how to install the ISO on your PC, whether you want to do an in-place upgrade or a clean install. At the end, we also look at how to create a bootable USB drive that you can use to install Windows 11 on any PC. We also look at how to install Windows 11 on a virtual machine such as Hyper-V and VirtualBox.
- Additional resources
- WhyNotWin11 Compatibility checker tool: https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11/
- Windows Insider Program: https://insider.windows.com/en-us/
- Create a bootable USB drive: https://rufus.ie/en/
- How to use Microsoft Hyper-V to create a virtual machine: https://youtu.be/3I64TeJ4iNI
- VirtualBox: https://www.virtualbox.org/
- How to download and install Windows 11 through Windows update (no ISO needed): https://youtu.be/hrwUUbaUUOg