Upgrade from Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 to Windows 10 entirely for free and using the official Microsoft web site.
Web site where you can upgrade to Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw…
Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 7. If you’re still running Windows 7, you’re at risk of attacks and viruses since there are no longer any updates or patches. Windows 8 and 8.1 are both still supported; however, since the upgrade is free, you might as well get onto the latest and greatest version of Windows.
- On the web site under the Create Windows 10 installation media, click on Download tool now.
- This will download an exe to your computer.
- Click on this file.
- When finished, open the download and accept the license terms Choose: ‘Upgrade this PC now’ then click ‘Next’ Choose ‘Keep personal files and apps’
- Once installed, open: Settings – Windows Update – Activation to activate your Windows 10 digital license…
- OR enter your (genuine) Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key if you haven’t previously activated your old version of Windows
- If you’d like to check your license has successfully been activated afterwards, open: Settings – Update & Security – Activation.
- Note: a Windows 10 license is tied to your hardware. As such, if you need to format your computer for any reason Windows 10 will reactivate automatically.