In this step-by-step tutorial video, learn how to highlight your mouse cursor to make it easier for your audience to follow your mouse movements and clicks. The two options that I feature in this video are entirely free. Highlighting your mouse pointer is especially valuable during presentations, demos, remote teaching, and screen recording. Follow along to find out how to make this work on Windows 7, 8, and 10. At the end, I also show you how to turn on mouse highlighting within OBS or Open Broadcaster Software.
- Quick links to resources called out in the video:
- Cursor editor and Gallery of user created cursors that you can load into Windows: http://www.rw-designer.com/
- AutoHotKey: Free, open source scripting tool needed for mouse pointer halo: http://www.autohotkey.com
- Professor Luc Boisvert’s cursor highlighter tool: https://sites.google.com/site/boisver…
- Intro to using the OBS screen recorder: https://youtu.be/QKmrDUJFRkM
- Download OBS screen recorder: https://obsproject.com/